Name: Ahmed Abdel-Hamid
Date and Place of Birth:
12 Sep 1977 Kalubia, Egypt
Education: B.Sc. in Electronics
and Telecommunications in Faculty of Engineering (Shoubra), Zagazig
University at May 2000 with a general appreciation of excellent
Graduation Project Grade:
- B.Sc. in Electronics and Telecommunications in Faculty
of Engineering (Shoubra), Zagazig University at May 2000 with a general
appreciation of excellent with honour.
- Mar 2001: Cisco CCNA and CCNP trained.
- Programming with: C, C++, x86 Assembly,
Java, Postscript and others.
- Worked with Postgresql database.
- I have very good experience in installing,
using, managing and administrating Linux operating system, apache web server
and other network and internet services.
- I wrote articles for Alam Al-Computer and
Internet magazine in issues 20 and 21 about Linux and its arabization.
- I made the following programs:
- Acon: The first (and only) Linux console arabization
solution. It enables most (if not all) console applications to accept
and display Arabic texts correctly and transparently. See
- The graduation project was an expert system for the diagnosis of liver
- Other none published programs like a small 32-bit multitasking message
based operating system I made while I was learning 386 protected mode programming,
486 and 6800 assemblers, calculator and editor for DOS, an internet usage
timer for windows 9x, disk formatter for ext2 file system under DOS. And
a lot of other programs.
May 2000 to Feb 2001 as MIS in
Linuxvision.com Inc. I was responsible for the development of the following
INTERESTS AND HOBBIES :
Watching science fiction films and reading